Emotional Flooding #mindmade calamity

 "Thoughts of different colour, texture, pattern, taste and smell came but I simply sat down  and took a deep sip of air and it faded away Thoughts faded away but I am still here it means I am not my thoughts"

                                


                                Knowingly or  often unknowingly we get caught up in our emotions. Sometimes number of emotions spiral down in our mind and We get so attached to them, that it become  difficult to  separate us from our emotions.  And until we find out it was just an emotion, it had already consumed our  lot of time and energy. 

                              So, I would like to share my experience of how I got caught in emotional flooding and  the way I dealt with it. I was bored and lonely so I decided to go out for shopping but it didn't work out. Then sargasso of my emotions comprising anger sadness, loneliness caught me in. But I think I was blessed to experience it because It was the very first time I observed, it was just an emotion which came suddenly and flooded each corner of my mind temporarily and left as if the cyclone was dessipating. It was  not the first time that I recognised my emotion but It was the first time I didn't recognised it with me and this third party witnessing allowed me to know that my emotions are not me and they doesn't defined me.

So what I learned from this experience was

1) don't attache your happiness to any thing (person, object, place, etc) because happiness is not the thing it's the state of mind, which you can have anytime you want

2) Be aware :if you don't observe what's happening inside, your emotions can cause devastation like flood does, it will sweept away everything including your ownself. 

               

                          As I have talked a lot on flooding side of emotion now  I would like to tell you it's other side and that is contentment. It's good to have emotions like water in river but if it exceeds and  you recognised it with yourself, you will get caught in it.  when any natural calamity shows up, we give it a space, and it find its way out. Likewise when emotions shows up, give them space and they will find their way. Our emptiness is a magical place. 

          

                         Through this I just want to convey  that sometime doing nothing is all what we have to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gift Of The Winter

Best Relationship Ever

Death The Reminder